Introduction and Objective
Infrastructure asset development has a massive impact on society, the environment and the economy. Therefore, it is critical for any infrastructure project to balance economic, societal and environmental sustainability factors in its development. The need for a more standardized method or tool to appraise the sustainability of such action is becoming more essential.
Sustainable INFRASTAR stands for Sustainable Infrastructure Rating Tool where it applies an objective & evidence-based rating system that assesses each of the identified key conditions, including:
- Land use planning and management
- Resource Management
- Energy and Water Management
- Biodiversity and other ecosystem services
- Social and cultural protection
- Stakeholder coordination
Main objectives from Sustainable INFRASTAR
- To create a continuous awareness of the importance of sustainability throughout the pre-commissioning stages of infrastructure projects
- To prioritise significant environmental and social attributes for sustainable infrastructure as early as the conceptual stage
- To convey an improved performance related to environmental and social through project design and construction
- To recognise and reward efforts made by projects towards achieving an exceptional level of sustainable infrastructure
- To ensure the implementation of environmental and social best practices are in accordance with the standards adopted locally and globally
- To measure the level of sustainability of infrastructure projects
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
The Purpose of Sustainable INFRASTAR
The Malaysian Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) has developed a sustainable infrastructure rating tool for Malaysia with the ultimate purpose to assess the extent of sustainability measures adopted by infrastructure projects in Malaysia primarily at both the design and construction stages. Sustainable INFRASTAR acts as a design and measurement tool to ensure consideration and sustainable elements are incorporated early in the development of the project.
Program For Industry