- a) To improve the quality and production of works at the construction site through the implementation of skilled work by those who are qualified and competent.
- b) The implementation of responsibilities and competencies is in accordance with the requirements of the National Occupational Skill Standard (NOSS).
- c) Recognize and enhance the career of construction workers through accreditation and certification.
Applications are open to the following individuals:
- a) Local Construction Workers
- b) Permanent Resident Level Construction Workers
- c) Foreign Construction Workers
- d) Any individual other than the categories mentioned above who are interested in having their skills assessed can apply and follow this program subject to the conditions set.
All applicants for the Skills Competency Assessment Program (PKK) must:
- 1. Include the Industrial Experience Certificate Form.Applicants must have at least six (6) months of recent work experience in the trades applied for and must obtain confirmation (stamp & signature) from the latest employer.
- 2. For applicants who are self-employed, do not have an employer and the owner of a company involved in carrying out construction works, it is necessary to fill in the Statutory Declaration Form for Application for Skill Competence Assessment (PKK) and include a list of construction works/projects that have been carried out; OR
- 3. Have attended relevant skills training in the trade applied for and recognized by CIDB (please upload a copy of the certificate).
- 4. For the Welding, Blaster & Painter (BPO) and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) trades, the implementation of the accreditation program will be based on ISO/IEC 17024:2012 certification (Conformity Assessment: General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification of Persons).
CIDB sponsors part of the assessment fee for local applicants only who meet the following criteria:
- a) Applicants must have at least six (6) months of experience
- b) Have a valid Construction Personnel Registration Card.
- c) Registered as construction personnel under the following categories:
- General Construction Worker
- Semi-Skilled Construction Worker
- Skilled Construction Worker
* For categories of construction workers other than above are not eligible to be sponsored and must make full payment.
- Section 33A (1)
No construction site supervisor or skilled construction worker shall engage or be engaged, or undertake to engage or be engaged as a construction site supervisor or skilled construction worker unless he is accredited and certified by the Board and holds a valid certificate issued by the Board under this Act .
- Section 33A (6)
Any person who employs any construction site supervisor or skilled construction worker who is not accredited and certified by the Board to carry out any construction work commits an offense and shall, on conviction, be fined not exceeding five thousand ringgit.