MyCREST, or the Malaysian Carbon Reduction and Environmental Sustainability Tool, aims to guide, assist, quantify, hence reduce, the built environment’s impact in terms of reduced carbon emissions and environmental impact, while taking into account a more holistic life cycle view of the built environment. It also aims to integrate socio-economic considerations relating to the built environment and urban development.
- To integrate carbon assessment criteria and reduction strategies into the matrix of sustainability resulting in a combined sustainable assessment rating system for the built environment
- To provide a quantifiable carbon assessment within a holistic sustainable rating system by integrating and extending the present criteria into life-cycle-linked performances and parameters
- To extend the present green building assessment into life cycle impacts and its quantification
- To combine both carbon emission and sustainable performance factors into a combined criterion linked to the design, construction, commissioning, and operations of buildings
- To be in line with the aims of Low Carbon City Framework (LCCF) by Ministry of Energy, Green Technology, and Water (KeTTHA)
- To quantify the environmental impacts of the built environment in both carbon reduction and sustainable impact terms
- To ensure the best environmental practice according to global and local standards and targets
- To maintain and improve a database of impacts and best practice case studies to reduce carbon emissions in design and life cycle impacts
- To raise awareness of the life cycle impacts of the built environment and its components
- To balance robustness with ‘durability’ and practicality and ease of use
- To produce a tool flexible enough to be used by all stakeholders, consultants and contractors and for all building types and scenarios
- To balance long and short term targets
- To balance environmental and 'human' socioeconomic issues
MYCREST essentially combines three basic tools in order to construct a 'scoring plan' which is then used to assess a building for certification. MYCREST basic tools is represent of how MYCREST assessment ,recognition and award is given separately to the three basic stages of the building lifecycle.
Each tools is the basic of the 'star' rating for each phase of the project . MYCREST awards different star rating to the different phase of the project and will award on overall star rating. In this way, all three phase of the project is assessed.
MyCREST Assessment CRITERIA
MyCREST rating & fee
MYCREST star ratings awarded and their respectives scores:-