Quality remains one of the most important parameters in construction, alongside time and cost. However, quality is subjective and it is difficult to quantify.
CIDB, with working groups consisting of public and private stakeholders, in 2005, have put together a construction industry standard or CIS on the base quality requirement for the industry.
The outcome is called Quality Assessment System for Building Construction Works or QLASSIC (CIS 7:2006). The standard has been improved and enhanced according to the construction climate today (CIS 7:2014).
The Quality team focuses on various activities to promote quality in construction:
- Training – assessor
- Seminars – awareness of QLASSIC
- Assessor accreditation
- Education – industry players and the public
Industry players are encouraged to adopt QLASSIC to ensure quality in their projects.
For more information can contact:
1. En. Syed Hazni Abd Ghani
2. En Mohammad Darsuki Lahat
3. En Muhammad Helmyyuzzi Hamid
Centre for Quality Assurance and Certification (CQAC)
Construction Research Institute of Malaysia (CREAM)
Level 29, Sunway Putra Tower, No. 100, Jalan Putra
50350 Kuala Lumpur.
No Tel : 03 - 4040 0040
No. Faks : 03 - 4050 2649
Emel : firstname.lastname@example.org
- CIS 7:2014 on Quality Assessment System for Building Construction Work
- Why apply for QLASSIC?
- QLASSIC process flow
- Assessment approach and sampling process
- QLASSIC assessors
- QLASSIC Assessment Application Form
- QLASSIC Assessment Application Form (MOCK-UP)
- CIS 7: 2014
- Sharing of Good Practices Towards Achieving High QLASSIC Score
- Industry Roundtable Discussion on Construction Quality 2018
- QLASSIC Day 2019